Tottenham midfielder Dembele travels for Beijing Guoan medicalby Freddie Taylor9 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveTottenham Hotspur midfielder Mousa Dembele is travelling to Hong Kong today in order to undergo a medical with Beijing Sinobo Guoan. Spurs accepted an offer from the Chinese Super League club last week, reportedly worth £9m.Dembele, 31, would have become a free agent at the end of the season.The Belgian made 249 appearances in his six-and-a-half year spell in north London. TagsTransfersAbout the authorFreddie TaylorShare the loveHave your say
BEIJING — A Chinese official says Beijing will go along with World Trade Organization reforms meant to update global trade rules but they must protect China’s status as a developing country.The deputy commerce minister, Wang Shouwen, said Friday that any changes must address protectionism, abuse of export controls and security reviews — a reference to Beijing’s clash with U.S. President Donald Trump over technology policy.The Trump administration has criticized the WTO as too slow to deal with complaints about Chinese industry policy. The European Union says the trade referee should focus on subsidies, technology transfers and state industry — all areas in which Beijing faces complaints.Wang said Beijing will “not allow other members to deprive China of the special and differential treatment that developing members deserve.”The Associated Press
The filing of the Project Description with the EAO and CEAA will allow those regulators to establish the scope of the environmental assessment of the project. Extensive First Nations and community engagement by Kwispaa LNG has already identified areas of particular interest, such as marine shipping, which will be a focus of environmental studies.Throughout the environmental assessment process, there will be multiple opportunities for public participation and input. The Kwispaa LNG team will also continue to engage with First Nations, communities, and stakeholders regarding the project, and welcomes feedback and comments.“We are incredibly proud of the special co-management relationship that we have formed for Kwispaa LNG,” said Huu-ay-aht Chief Councillor Robert J. Dennis Sr. “We look forward to continuing to work together with Steelhead throughout the environmental assessment process to ensure that this project achieves world-leading outcomes for the environment and our people for generations to come.”“We at Huu-ay-aht believe Kwispaa LNG represents a new model for economic success on significant projects in Canada,” said Huu-ay-aht Councillor and Alberni-Clayoquot Regional District Chairperson John Jack. “This project will create meaningful revenues, jobs, and business opportunities for Huu-ay-aht Citizens and our neighbouring communities, as well as generate ongoing tax revenue at a local, provincial, and federal level.” VANCOUVER, B.C. – The partnership looking to build a floating LNG export terminal on the west coast of Vancovuer Island has entered the next phase of the project’s development.Kwispaa LNG, which is being developed through a co-management relationship between the Huu-ay-aht First Nations and Steelhead LNG, announced today that it has made a submission of the Project Description to the British Columbia Environmental Assessment Office and Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency. The Project Description provides a comprehensive overview of Kwispaa LNG and represents the culmination of several years of engagement and planning, the results of which have been integrated into ongoing environmental studies and engineering work.“From the beginning, we have believed in developing LNG projects in Canada that emphasize relationships with First Nations and respect their role as stewards of the environment,” said Steelhead LNG CEO Nigel Kuzemko. “The Project Description that we have submitted to regulators reflects our shared commitment with Huu-ay-aht First Nations to provide Canadian natural gas to global markets in a way that generates long-lasting benefits to First Nations, local communities, British Columbia, and Canada.”
Hyderabad: Jonny Bairstow and David Warner smashed sensational centuries to guide Sunrisers Hyderabad to a comprehensive 118-run win over struggling Royal Challengers Bangalore in an Indian Premier League match here Sunday. Englishman Bairstow struck 114 from just 56 balls while Warner carried his bat for a 55-ball 100 in a record 185-run first-wicket partnership to post a mammoth 231 for two after being put into bat. Bairstow punished RCB with 12 fours and seven sixes while Warner hit five fours and as many sixes in his 55-ball knock. With a gigantic target to eclipse, RCB needed a rollicking start but the visitors’ chase never got going as they kept on losing wickets to be bundled out for 113 in 19.5 overs. It was RCB’s third consecutive loss in the tournament, while Sunrisers registered their second win out of three games this season. Playing his first IPL match this season, Afghan all-rounder Mohammad Nabi did the early damage as he picked up three quick wickets — two in his second over — as RCB’s slumped to 22 for three by the end of the fourth over. Nabi first accounted for Parthiv Patel and then came back to remove Shimron Hetmyer and dangerous A B de Villiers in the fourth over. To make matters worse for RCB, Sandeep Sharma then dismissed skipper Virat Kohli in the first delivery of the seventh over. As if that was not enough, Shivam Dubey was run out in the very next ball as RCB’ chase fell by the wayside. At that stage the visitors slumped to 35 for six in 7.3 overs. From there on, it was almost an impossible task for RCB to get back into the game and Colin de Grandhomme (37) and 16-year-old Prayas Ray Barman (19), the youngest player to make his IPL debut, just did their bit to delay the inevitable. Nabi starred with the ball for Sunrisers with figures of four for 11, while Sandeep (3/19) too was not far behind, scalping three wickets. Earlier, RCB captain Kohli’s decision to put Sunrisers in backfired as all his bowlers were taken to cleaners by Bairstow and Warner who became the first pair in IPL history to post three consecutive hundred-run stands. Bairstow and Warner bludgeoned the bowlers, bettering the earlier highest of 184 between KKR’s Gautam Gambhir and Chris Lynn in the 2017 edition against Gujarat Lions. Sunday’s innings was also only the second time in IPL history in which two batsmen scored a hundred each. Bairstow was finally out in the 17th over off Yuzvendra Chahal as he went for yet another big shot but only got the leading edge for Umesh Yadav to take a running catch. He reached to his hundred in 52 balls.
Federico Bernardeschi has credited Juventus FC for the improvement in his mentality about the game thanks to more playing time.The former Fiorentina trainee has become a regular starter in the Azzurri squad and club Juventusis finding his feet in Turin and become a regular in the senior Italy squad.“Football is passion, hunger, all of my life,” he told Football Italia.“I must say that I am truly fortunate, because to embrace your passion as a profession too is something very special that, unfortunately, not everyone gets to experience.Lukaku backed to beat Ronaldo in Serie A scoring charts Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Former Inter Milan star Andy van der Meyde is confident Romelu Lukaku will outscore Cristiano Ronaldo in this season’s Serie A.“Juventus is a marvellous club and a style, whose mentality has been the key to huge achievements over the years. I think a Juventus player becomes something special in that context.“It was tough at the start when I wasn’t playing very much, but I kept calm because I was well aware I had joined a massive club whose history speaks for itself.“I think every player has to go through his own maturation process before he can definitively become part of the Juve world. It’s only normal when joining such a big club.“I must say that over the last few months I’ve felt something that gives me an extra boost, above all mentally. I always worked on my mentality and I think that is bearing fruit.”Bernardeschi is a very versatile player who can work in midfield, on the wing, in the trident attack or even as a pure striker.
Antonio Rudiger feels Chelsea should be ashamed of the manner of their 4-0 defeat at Bournemouth.The Blues were humiliated at the Vitality Stadium as they recorded their joint-worst defeat and the first in over 22 years.“Everyone needs to be ashamed of what happened in the last game,” Germany international Rudiger told Sky Sports.It’s matchday! ⚽️COME ON CHELSEA! 👊 #CHEHUD pic.twitter.com/HyyivNv4Ea— Chelsea FC (@ChelseaFC) February 2, 2019“Everyone needs to think very deeply about that because you can win, lose or draw, but it’s the manner which is important.Match Preview: Wolverhampton vs Chelsea Boro Tanchev – September 13, 2019 Wolverhampton will host Chelsea at the Molineux Stadium in one of the most interesting Premier League games this weekend.“In the second half, I can’t really describe it. We went out and they scored after two minutes then things went very badly. Nothing came from us – N’Golo [Kante] had a half chance but that was it.“If you look at the view of football, we made it too easy for Bournemouth by losing the ball up front – everyone knows Bournemouth are going on the counter, and they were waiting for this.“We have played better this season and that’s what hurts, we didn’t really try to change this result, that is what is bad.”Rudiger has demanded a response in their next League clash with struggling Huddersfield at Stamford Bridge.“We call ourselves a top team, but this cannot happen to us,” he added. “We have to be mentally strong for the rest of the season.“It’s clear now, we are Chelsea, there has been a lot of criticism from outside but here we must be cool in our mind and be honest with ourselves.“Tactics is not my business because I am not the coach, I am a player, but everyone needs to commit again.“If we speak about last season, we were solid in defence. Granted it was a different system, but we need to go back to basics because it’s not normal for a Bournemouth player to take on four defenders and go through.”
The Ishrat Jahan case took a strange turn today. Relief for Intelligence Bureau officers – Rajinder Kumar and two others -came in an unexpected way. The Ministry of Home Affairs has refused prosecution sanction in the Ishrat Jahan fake encounter case. According to IH Syed, who appeared for Ishrat’s mother Shamima Kausar, as the MHA did not grant sanction to the investigative agency, charges cannot be framed against the officials, including Rajinder Kumar along with other sleuths. Also Read – Working on improving tiesLegally speaking, this is because since permission under Section 197 of the CrPC (a mandatory and prior permission to prosecute any government servant in an offence) has not been granted, charges against the accused (IB officers) cannot be framed, According to the previous Central bureau of Investigation (CBI), the killing of Jahan and three others in a fake encounter in 2004 was result of joint conspiracy of Gujarat police and the IB. BJP spokespersons have stated that there was no evidence against Rajinder Kumar. Also Read – Political parties and our RepublicAs it happens the man is now a BJP MP. Without jumping to the usual hyperbole, accusations and counter accusations surrounding the case it must be noted that this surely is the biggest case of conflict of interest that the Home Ministry has so easily dismissed. On July 3, 2013, the CBI, the prosecuting agency of the encounter case, had filed a
In order to expose the buyers and carpet exporters to an array of carpets from around the world, Carpet Export Promotion Council is organising the 31st edition of Indian Carpet Expo from March 11-14 in NSIC Exhibition Complex, Okhla Industrial Estate in the national Capital. The event, which is being held under the aegis of government of India, aims to promote the cultural heritage and weaving skills of Indian handmade Carpets and other floor coverings amongst the visiting overseas carpet buyers. Also Read – ‘Playing Jojo was emotionally exhausting’India Carpet Expo will be inaugurated on March 11 by Santosh Kumar Gangwar, Minister of State for Textiles (Independent Charge), government of India in the august presence of Rashmi Verma, IAS, Secretary (Textiles) and Dr K. Gopal, IAS, Development Commissioner (Handicrafts) and other senior government officials from the Central and State governments beside representatives from trade and media.Indian Carpet Expo is one of the largest handmade carpet fairs in Asia with a unique platform for the buyers to source the best handmade carpets, rugs and other floor coverings under one roof. It has become a popular destination worldwide on handmade carpets. India’s unique capability in adapting to any type of design, colour, quality and size as per the specifications of the carpet buyers has made it a household name in the International market. Manufacturers and exporters from Bhadhoi, Mirzapur, Varanasi, Agra, Srinagar and other key areas of India will exhibit their products. Also Read – Leslie doing new comedy special with NetflixThe Expo has received an overwhelming response from the Member Exporters and 266 exhibitors are displaying their products in the show. Over the years, the India Carpet Expo has established itself as a great sourcing platform for the carpet buyers from all over the globe. Around 450 Carpet importers from 57 countries mainly from Australia, Brazil, Canada, china, Chile, Germany, Mexico, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, turkey, U.K, USA etc have registered themselves for attending the Expo. It would be worthwhile to mention that buyers from new countries like Bulgaria, Israel, Malaysia, Mauritius, Taiwan, Zimbabwe, Vietnam, Serbia, Colombia and Hungary are also attending the Mega Expo. India Carpet Expo is an ideal platform for international carpet buyers, buying houses, buying agents, architects and Indian carpet manufacturers and exporters to meet and establish long term business relationships. This time Carpet Export Promotion Council is subsidising $ 800 to buyers from USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Brazil, Chile and all other LAC (Latin America Countries) and $ 550 to buyers from all other countries towards subsidy on air travel expenses and providing two nights complimentary stay in hotels in the Capital for attending India Carpet Expo.Chairman, CEPC is confident that the Expo will generate good business and requested the media to extend their full support for promotion of this event to encourage the participants for handsome business as the council is taking all possible efforts for success of India Carpet Expo with the active support of Committee of Administration and government of India.