Bundesliga set to resume behind closed doors

first_imgRelatedPosts COVID-19: NCAA to revoke erring airlines licence over non-compliance Club’s server collapses over ticket demand for first Bundesliga game in 11 years FRSC to Schools: We’ll arrest, prosecute drivers who flout COVID-19 rules The German Bundesliga is gearing up to resume behind closed doors in May, subject to government approval.Teams in the country’s top two tiers have already returned to training as the country begins to relax some of its social distancing restrictions imposed to limit the spread of coronavirus. They are now working towards completing the remainder of the 2019-20 campaign by June 30, the German Football League (DFL) said in a statement released on Thursday.Completing the season would mean German clubs could receive scheduled payments from broadcast partners, though the DFL statement admitted that if the season cannot restart or is forced to stop again, it could lead to further economic difficulties for German football.The return to action will be underpinned by a rigorous testing programme, in a country which has been praised for its high level of testing compared to the United Kingdom and other European countries.The DFL headed off criticism that its planned testing programme would impinge on testing in other settings, saying what it was preparing for would account for only 0.4 per cent of overall test capacity in the country. The DFL said it will also contribute 500,000 euros to the health ministry to increase testing volume in care homes.Personnel inside and outside stadiums on matchdays will be “reduced to a minimum” – a maximum of 213 inside a stadium for a Bundesliga game. In addition, a further 109 would be permitted outside, including law enforcement officials.Tags: BundesligaCOVID-19last_img read more

Officials in India rescue tourist living in a cave

first_imgPolice in India are reporting that they have rescued six tourist who were found living in cave as a result of the coronavirus pandemic.The foreign nationals were located earlier this week, almost a month after the country went into a lockdown and prevented several forms of public travel.Officials say, the four men and two women were living in private hotels but decided to move into the cave together when they realized they were running out of money and could not leave the country.According to the report, the foreign nationals are from the US, Ukraine, Turkey, France, and Nepal and all arrived in the area separately last year. and had been living in hotels.The report also noted that the tourist were living in the cave for around 25 days before locals noticed them and contacted authorities:” After receiving the information, we went to the cave and found the six foreigners. They told us that they decided to move into the cave because they were running out of money. We did their medical tests and sent the to a quarantine centre,” Police official Rakendra Singh Kathait told journalist Raju Gusain.At least one of the rescued spoke the local language and was able to secure food for the group with the little money they did have.The tourist have since been sent to a private religious retreat where their accommodations and food have been paid for by the government.last_img read more

FL “Church Leader” Took Credit for Trump’s Bleach Idea, Charged for Selling COVID “Cure”

first_imgA Florida “church leader” and three of his sons were charged in Miami federal court on Wednesday for selling toxic bleach as a fake miracle cure for coronavirus.The man had taken credit last April for President Trump making the public suggestion at a press conference that injecting disinfectants into the body may cure COVID-19.According to officials, 62-year-old Mark Grenon and his sons, 34-year-old Jonathan Grenon, 26-year-old Jordan Grenon, and 32-year-old Joseph Grenon, all from Bradenton, Fla., are charged with conspiracy to defraud the United States as well as conspiracy to violate the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act.In addition, they are faced with criminal contempt of court related to a civil case that was filed by the federal government earlier this year.Federal prosecutors charged the four family members for the sale of a product called Miracle Mineral Solution (MMS), which they sold through Genesis II Church of Health and Healing, a “religious organization” being operated out of a Bradenton home.The U.S. Attorney’s Office in the Southern District of Florida says the non-religious church was created specifically to avoid government regulation of MMS.The chemical solution contained sodium chlorite and water. Its makers allegedly told their customers to ingest MMS.However, the FDA explains that the solution is actually chlorine dioxide, a bleach that is used for industrial water treatment or bleaching textiles, pulp, and paper.Court order filed yesterday calls for Genesis II Church of Health and Healing to cease immediately, as well as granting FDA authority to inspect facility without notice. Feds first ordered Genesis to stop back in April. @wfla pic.twitter.com/0HBTIU2uWB— victoria price (@WFLAVictoria) July 8, 2020 The product the men sold included a two ounce bottle of MMS, or sodium chlorite, as well as a two-ounce bottle of hydrochloric acid, marketed as an “activator.”The website sold the product as Sacramental Cleansing Water at a price of $15 per bottle. The bottles and their ingredients were called sacraments.There have been reports of people requiring hospitalizations, developing life-threatening conditions, and dying after drinking MMS.Before marketing MMS as a cure for COVID-19, the Grenons promoted it as a “miracle cure” for other serious diseases and disorders, such as cancer, Alzheimer’s disease, autism, multiple sclerosis, and HIV/AIDS.Mark Grenon, the co-founder of Genesis, has repeatedly acknowledged that Genesis “has nothing to do with religion,” and that he founded Genesis to “legalize the use of MMS” and avoid “going [ ] to jail.”London’s The Guardian reports that Grenon wrote a letter to President Trump last April, saying his product was a detox that could rid the body of coronavirus.The president then stated at an April 23 press briefing that researchers were examining the effects of disinfectants on the virus and asked if they could be injected into people, adding that the virus “does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it would be interesting to check that.”The FDA sued Genesis II Church and sent them a warning letter in April, in an effort to get the company to stop selling Miracle Mineral Solution.“The bottom line: Sodium chlorite products are dangerous, and you and your family should not use them,” the FDA warned.However, prosecutors say the family “willfully violated these court orders” and that they even sent letters to the judge, threatening violence.Authorities raided the Bradenton church Wednesday. There, they discovered 52 gallons of muriatic acid, 22 gallons of the finished Miracle Mineral Solution, and 8,300 pounds of sodium chlorite.“We continue to protect the public from criminal conduct that takes advantage of the COVID-19 pandemic,” U.S. Attorney Ariana Fajardo Orshan said in a statement. “Not only is this MMS product toxic, but its distribution and use may prevent those who are sick from receiving the legitimate health care they need.”Catherine Hermsen, assistant commissioner of the FDA’s Office of Criminal Investigations, called the product’s false claims “unacceptable.”“The Genesis II Church of Health and Healing has actively and deliberately placed consumers at risk with their fraudulent Miracle Mineral Solution, and Americans expect and deserve medical treatments that have been scientifically proven to be safe and effective,” Hermshen said.last_img read more